No products in the cart.
Scientific Name: Juglans regia
The nuts contain healthy fats, omega-3, and plenty of vitamins and minerals. In fact, did you know that for the last 50 years an annual walnut conference has taken place? Scientists and industry experts gather at the University of California, to discuss the latest walnut health research.
The primary benefit of these nuts is that they 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐩 𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐥𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧. Inflammation is a key culprit in many chronic diseases – heart disease, type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer’s, and cancer.
Another huge benefit is that they are high in 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐜𝐞 𝐎𝐦𝐞𝐠𝐚-𝟑 (extra plus if you are veggie/vegan). Not only can Omega-3 help reduce heart disease risk, but it can help 𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐮𝐜𝐞 𝐬𝐲𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐱𝐢𝐞𝐭𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧.
How do Walnuts help Anxiety and Depression?
The nuts are packed with tryptophan (an amino acid) which indirectly increases serotonin levels. 𝐇𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮’𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐱𝐞𝐝, 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐦, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐲!
Other Amazing Benefits of Walnuts:
- Excellent 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐜𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐱𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐬 (higher than any other type of nut)
- Walnuts help 𝐢𝐦𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐲, 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐧𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐞𝐝. There have been numerous studies done to show this .
Vitamins & Minerals
The nuts are packed with vitamins and minerals. Here a few of the top ones:
- Copper – promotes hearth health and helps maintain immune system functions and bone health
- Folic acid – aka vitamin B9 – a folic acid deficiency during pregnancy may cause birth defects
- Phosphorus – a mineral mainly present in bones
- Vitamin B6 – supports nerve health and the immune system
- Manganese – the trace mineral is usually found in nuts and whole grains
F𝐔𝐍 𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐓 – Walnuts look like little brains because they have folds and divided halves. The nutrition in walnuts help your brain grow and function. Coincidence?