No products in the cart.
Amla – Ingredient Spotlight
A M L A
Scientific Name: Phyllanthus Emblica
Alternative Names: Indian Gooseberry
Indian Gooseberry is a tree found in India (hence the name!). The tree is also found in the Middle East and Southeast Asian countries.
In olden times, it was used in various types of medicine. It is a very crucial part of Ayurveda medicine, and people are still using it to this day, including us.
Amla helps eliminate many diseases such as high cholesterol, heartburn, and diarrhea. Due to it’s incredibly high vitamin C content, it is one of the key ingredients in five of our best-selling products:
Other Amazing Benefits of Amla:
Amla berries are an excellent source of vitamin c and antioxidants. These help the body to overcome many illnesses. A few additional health benefits of Indian Gooseberry are:
- Helps improve digestion. This is because the berries contain high amounts of fibre and vitamin c. It is also used to treat bowel syndrome.
- It helps to reduce diabetes type 2.
- Indian berries are good for eye health because they are rich in vitamin A, which is key to improving eye health.
- Promotes immune function as its source of vitamin c is a water-soluble vitamin which acts as an antioxidant. In just one fruit, a whopping 600-700mg of vitamin c is packed in!
- It contains phytonutrients and antioxidants, which improve brain health and memory.
Vitamins & Minerals
As we know, Indian gooseberries are very nutritional. These contain vitamins, minerals, and fibres. A half-cup serving (70 grams) of Amla berries contain:
- Copper: 12% of the daily value
- Carbohydrates: 8 grams
- Fibre: 3 grams
- Vitamin B6: 7% of the daily value
- Vitamin C: 45% of the daily value
- Most people in India use Amla or Indian gooseberry for pickles. It can be used as a sweet dish called Murabba.
- Additionally, girls use amla for hair growth because it helps to improve blood circulation. Amla gives strength to the follicle also reduces hair loss. Nowadays, many hair shampoo companies use amla in their products.