No products in the cart.
A L M O N D S
Scientific Name: Prunus dulcis
According to archeologists, almond trees were first discovered in 3000 B.C. in Jordan. They are cultivated in many countries such as India, Pakistan, Iran, Spain, the United States, and Morocco.
The nuts are packed with many vitamins, minerals, and fibre. Additionally, they are a great source of protein and healthy fats.
Furthermore, they contain anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory properties. This is why health experts usually suggest to consume a handful or 8 to 11 almonds daily.
They are incredibly healthy and versatile; you can consume them in various forms such as almond butter, raw, boiled, dry roasted etc.
Almonds have numerous health benefits, such as lowering blood sugar levels, reducing blood pressure, and reducing cholesterol levels. For these reasons, we include the ground powder as the raw powder is one of the key ingredients in five of our best-selling products:
Other Amazing Benefits of Almonds:
The nuts have countless benefits, including:
- can help reduce hunger and promote weight loss because they keep you full for longer
- help with digestion and prevent constipation
- keeps the skin moisturized due to their healthy fat content
- helps promote cardiovascular health
- can help reduce the risk of diabetes
- boost your brain power and memory due to their L-carnitine content
- excellent for eye health
- help to prevent certain cancers due to their anti-oxidative power
But, consuming almonds in excess can cause nausea, diarrhea and even shortness of breath! Remember, everything in moderation.
Vitamins & Minerals
Almonds contain plenty of nutrients. Just 11 grams (around 8 almonds) contain the following:
- Fibre: 1.3 grams
- Protein: 2.3 grams
- Fat: 1.3 grams
- Potassium: 74 mg
- Phosphorous: 48 mg
- Magnesium: 69.4 mg
- Iron: 0.47 mg
- Calcium: 27 mg
- They are technically not a nut, but instead the seed of a fruit!
- You can store them in a fridge for two years! Yes, it’s possible due to their high vitamin E content.